Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting your Overseas Exile Fix

This is very off-topic, but I know that a lot of folks simply bookmark this site, hoping to come back to it or they hope to find the URL in their email after being sent it by someone. I used to do that a lot.

For those of you who don't pay much attention to the Internet beyond reading interesting stuff, you can catch up with Overseas Exile by "subscribing" to this blog. You can subscribe to my Atom feed or my RSS feed in your favorite feed reader and automatically receive new content. Google has an nice help page explaining how feeds work.

Our beautiful daughter
My daughter at nine weeks
I personally use Google Reader. You can sign up fo a free Google account (if you don't have one already) and in the top left hand corner, you can click the "Add a subscription" button and paste in the URL of the site you want to subscribe to. If they have feeds, every time you log into Google Reader, you'll automatically see the latest content there without having to remember to go back to the site and check every time.

Feel free to share other suggestions below, but remember that people who know what they're doing may have already subscribed, so suggestions should be for easy to use software.

2 comments:

  1. I typically find myself catching up on RSS feeds during my morning commute and/or during down periods in the day. I loaded a RSS reader onto my phone (most phones these days support additional software) and download the content to the phones internal memory throughout the day. Allows me to stay up to date even if I don't have access to a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do what anonymous did. I typically walk to work and read my RSS feeds on the way.

    Yes, I multitask.

    ReplyDelete