Thursday, April 7, 2011

Biking Accident

Due to a biking accident, I'm off work and at home recovering. I just don't have the energy for a blog post today, so here's a picture of my wife relaxing with a Kriek in the Amsterdam canal district (Singel, if you know the area).

Out for an evening in downtown Amsterdam
The first time my wife and I were out after the birth of our daughter.

In the meantime, I think I've found a possible back door into Europe for those with little money or skills. There's a catch, but I'll publish later when I can write it up.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have your statistical crash out of the way so you can get on with safe cycling?

    Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael: somehow that's not helping me feel that much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it would be instructive to do an article on bike accidents. I have no idea how yours happened, but the basic problem I've seen with foreigners here is that while they master riding the bike rather quickly, they remain oblivious to the fact that once you're on a bike, you participate in traffic, at significantly higher speeds than most pedestrians, and without making enough noise to alert others to your presence. I've seen some blood-curdling actions, e.g. someone turning into a tunnel at full speed, on the wrong side of the bicycle path, with no attention to what could possibly be coming from the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your biking accident. I hope you are enjoying your resting time though.

    ReplyDelete