Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So many nationalities

Globe Sculpture
US Botanic Gardens, Washington DC
Photo by Mr T in DC
No chance to write anything serious today my employer has sent me on a week-long training course. They take this very seriously and fly in people from all over the world. There are only about 14 or 15 people in the course, but the breadth of nationalities is breathtaking. The gentleman I was sitting next to for much of the training was from Greece, I spent a fair amount of time talking to a Hungarian (apparently we have 13 Hungarian translators!) and an Australian women outside, I got sidetracked a few times chatting with folks from the Rome office (including one American who's lived in Rome for a couple of decades), and, of course, there are the ever-present British people from our Cambridge office.

Even my daily work is like this. Our team lead is Dutch, the product owner is British, I'm an American and Ævar (have fun learning how to type the 'Æ'), the other programmer on the team, is from Iceland. The world, frankly, is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment