Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not so Fat American

I didn't post yesterday, despite my generally keeping this as a "five days a week" blog, because I'm just too tired. Handling a baby is incredibly rewarding, but I'm going to have to be a bit more realistic about my posting schedule. Oh, and I'm going to try and get back on track researching overseas job opportunities for people.


21 - Leidseplein - Næsten alle er orange
Leidseplein
Photo by Jacob Poul Skoubo
In the Fat Americans, Thin Europeans? post, persephone asked if I would keep people apprised of my progress and I foolishly agreed. Though I had written that I was 87.5 kilos (193 pounds), I had actually started last week at exactly 88 kilos. So after a week and a half of not eating the way I did in the US and watching portion sizes, I am now at 85.8 kilos (189 pounds). Not too shabby a start. However, I tend to start out with rapid weight loss and then slow down quite a bit. I don't know if that's my metabolism or I just don't stick well to dieting.

Naturally, having Heineken and bitterballen in Leidseplein last night didn't help matters.

If you wonder what bitterballen taste and look like, here's a great blog with lovely photos which takes you through one recipe for this tasty dutch snack.

1 comment: