Friday, October 28, 2011

Working in Prague

I've been impressed with the quality of this conference so far, but as usual, I have little time to see the city. I'm pretty wiped out from the long days, but it's been fun and I think we've found some good candidates who might relocate to Amsterdam. This is a short video of the view from the restaurant last night's VIP dinner was at, but I've not much else to say.




I wish I could see more of this city as it looks beautiful. The prices are also incredibly cheap. I had a plate of pork ribs for about €7 and a huge, tasty noodle lunch for €3 to €4. It's astonishing how inexspensive everything is, though it would be nice not hearing the conference attendees talking in front of locals about how cheap and run down they think the city is. What makes people think this is appropriate?

I'm also amazed at how many Czech people speak English. This is good news for readers interested in the Czech Green Card or the Czech Blue Card.

2 comments:

  1. It is indeed inexpensive to dine out, coming from Amsterdam :) I had a Caesar salad in a small cafe not too far from Dam Square yesterday, for 10 euro ehm :/ and the chicken were actually 5 slices of chicken ham! lol!
    But to my point - the prices are not as great if you actually live in Prague. But it is a beautiful city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the city is a beautiful place! I just returned from a Winter Prague city break and the place really comes alive during the winter period. It seems to give the city a glistening feeling that makes the place magical.

    ReplyDelete