Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things I see on my way to work

Just a quick collection of photos and videos I (mostly) took while walking to work a couple of days ago. After yesterday's heavy topic, I thought something lighter might be more pleasant. Sadly, these are all taken with my phone, so the quality isn't great. As usual, you can click on them to see larger versions.

Vondelpark
Lovely little bridge on the north side of Vondelpark




Vondelpark
Gorgeous building along the north edge of Vondelpark

Vondelpark
Wish I had a better camera to get this bird with




Not really Vondelpark
A houseboat I sometimes see while walking home

2 comments:

  1. it's really amazing the numbers of bikes!!!and the views are beautiful,lucky boy to see that going to work....you have to be in a good mood at work after that walk!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird is a grey heron, and given how many there are in NL you will have many more opportunities to take pictures of them (although not necessarily under quite such a photogenic tree). They're waders and fishers, and tend to hang around by the side of canals looking hopeful.

    ReplyDelete