Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Future Plans

As I continue to figure out the most useful way to present information for people, my thoughts on this matter have been evolving. I'm now beginning to think that in addition to my personal research, I should start presenting a "standard" set of information links when I post about a country. For example, let's say I start researching Tuvalu. Regarding emigrating to Tuvalu, I could probably just use the word "no" for the entire content, but that wouldn't be entirely fair. You likely don't know where it is or why I might say that. You also might want to double check my thoughts on the matter. (As an aside, the book I've linked to sounds hilarious)

Thus, I'm thinking that for each country, I might adopt a standard template similar to the following:



Wikipedia and CIA World Factbook entries for Tuvalu.


View Larger Map

... General Discussion ...

Languages

blah, blah, blah

Work permits

blah, blah, blah ...

Residency

blah, blah, blah ...

Citizenship

blah, blah, blah ...



Tuvalu - Funafuti - Beach #2
A beautiful shot of
an impoverished country
Photo by Stefan Lins
Said template will allow you to quickly verify much of the important information and locate the country on the map. Hopefully this will make this blog a more useful resource in the future.

In the case of Tuvalu, it will also tell you that its chief source of income is foreign aid, it has virtually no natural resources, the soil is bad and if sea levels continue to rise, the country may be evacuated. Its a shame because the photos I've seen show a gorgeous country, but there's almost nothing there.

1 comment:

  1. Surly they could attract tourism. What about a fishing industry to bring in food for the locals? Make it a tax haven for off-shore banking or something. The rising sea thing is pretty troubling, though, on many levels (no pun intended). For one, what happens to their citizenship status when the country goes under? Are they still a nation? Etc.

    ReplyDelete