Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve in Amsterdam

Christmas in Amsterdam 2005
Christmas in Amsterdam
Photo by Radio Nederland Wereldomroep
It's Christmas eve here in Amsterdam and there were threats of snow yesterday, but they didn't come to pass. Yesterday's meal was a lovely boudin blanc with a Belgian Dubbel to wash it down. I'm taking time off from work and today will be spent with family, walking the canals or perhaps just relaxing with lovely food and company. I've been eyeing the escargots that my mother-in-law brought up from Calais.
As I'm sure will come as no surprise to anyone, I'll be taking a couple of days off from blogging to enjoy the holidays.

I've also thought that I should make a few more "personal" posts now and then. That will give you a better idea of the writer and what life is actually like for an expat.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment