Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Michele "Batshit Crazy" Bachmann Acquires Swiss Citizenship

Update: Michelle "flip-flopper" Bachmann has already renounced her Swiss citizenship.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so I fear I must be briefer than I like, but Michele "I think I'm a banana tree" Bachmann has acquired Swiss citizenship.





If you're unfamiliar with this strange, strange woman, here's a little taster:





That video actually makes her seem less crazy than she really is. Here's my favorite quote from Bachmann:
"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009
Politico.com has more on the Bachmann story.

3 comments:

  1. What's th US rules on someone with a dual citizenship running for the Oval office, or congress?
    Just hoping that she has disqualified herself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there's nothing in the rules preventing her from running for the Presidency again, though it's possible that some would be offended by her dual citizenship.

      There has been some discussion about the requirement that the candidate be a natural-born citizen and I believe this was actually raised twice during Presidential campaigns: once for Barry Goldwater because he was born in Arizona when it was still a territory and not a state, and once for Charles Evans Hughes, who was born a British citizen on US soil. Neither became President so it's a moot point, but neither potential challenge appears to impact Bachmann's case. Though "natural born citizen" was not defined in the US Constitution, I think it's stretch to imply that Bachmann is no longer "naturally born" because she has Swiss citizenship.

      Delete